Has your daughter ever told you she wants to be a Princess?
You can make her dreams come true!
The “Little Miss Delano” program is a part of the Delano Ambassador Program. It focuses on promoting friendship and fun. It is not a competition, and therefore should not be confused with a beauty pageant. This program is open to young girls who have completed the 1st grade in the spring of 2019 and live in the Delano Public School District or attend a Delano Elementary School. Boys interested in the program are also invited to apply!
Download the application here: 2019 Little Miss Application
As a Little Miss Candidate your child’s presence is requested at the events below:
- Parent/Child Information Meeting (Date TBD) at 6:30pm in the gazebo at Delano Central Park and playground.
- Little Miss Party & Judging Interview (Date TBD) in the gazebo at Delano Central Park and playground from 9:00am-12:00pm.
- Coronation Rehearsal (Time TBD)
- Delano Royalty Banquet on July 3rd at 4:30pm at the Delano Legion.
- Delano Royalty Coronation on July 3rd at 7:00pm at the Delano Municipal Ballfield.
Other events include Meet the Candidates, the Delano Memorial Day Parade and the Howard Lake Parade. A full list of events will be given out at the parent/child meeting. An email will be sent out by the end of May with the dates of the above events.
In June there will be a meeting with the judges. The interview with the judges will be one girl at a time sitting with the judges as they ask her a few questions. This is going to be very informal as we want the girls to feel very comfortable. The judges will ask questions such as:
- Why do you want to be a princess?
- Are you excited to wear a dress and crown?
- Would you like to ride the float with the Royalty and wave to people watching?
By asking these questions and a few others we just want to make sure your daughter is excited to be a part of our program and will be a great addition to the Delano Royal Ambassadors. The judges will choose two girls to be crowned Little Miss and the girls will be crowned at the main Coronation Event this year.
- If crowned, the Little Misses are only required to be in the Delano 4th of July Parade, riding on our float with the older girls. Other appearances are up to you!
- Little Misses will also be invited to attend parades in other communities such as: Rockford, Buffalo, Montrose, and others.
- These parades are your choice if you want to attend, as it will be your responsibility for transportation to and from the parade, and chaperone while she is on the float waiting for the parade to start and when the parade is over.
- There will also be community events that we may ask Little Misses to attend, as we believe you are never too young to start volunteering!
- After your daughter is crowned at coronation, there will be another parent information meeting to lay out expectations and review rules and guidelines of Little Misses and their families.
If you have any questions or comments please email us at email@example.com